Biot & San Diego Zoo : two new projects for commercial clients in France and the United States
EDF Store & Forecast has recently delivered two projects where, for the first time, it tailored its Energy Management System (EMS) to meet the needs of commercial clients. As part of each project -Biot in France and San Diego Zoo in California- EDF Store & Forecast also offered to provide the clients with a storage solution in addition to the EMS.
A commercial building in Biot, France
Biot is a solar energy self-consumption project run on behalf of Artesol, a subsidiary of real-estate developer Artea, that built an innovative commercial building in the French commune of Biot (Sophia Antipolis technology park). EDF Store & Forecast’s EMS optimizes a 70 kWp photovoltaic roof, a 100 kW-100 kWh battery, and charging stations for electric vehicles.
There are multiple benefits for the client:
- production of photovoltaic electricity and on-site storage for enhanced autonomy
- optimized electricity bills thanks to a reduction in consumption peaks
- optimized management of the charging stations for electric vehicles
A battery control in San Diego Zoo, California
The company contributed to the EDF Renewables project, which aimed to kit out San Diego Zoo with an EMS managing a 1 MW-4MWh industrial battery. The end client’s objective was to have an autonomous system that would enable it to:
- manage its electricity bill by reducing consumption peaks
- save money on the provision of electricity (by purchasing electricity when the price is lowest and storing it in the battery)
- open up possible additional sources of revenue in the future (thanks to local energy demand management programs)
These two completed projects demonstrate EDF Store & Forecast teams’ ability to deliver intelligent management systems tailored to the specific needs of commercial clients.
For both projects, EDF Store & Forecast provided an industrial battery in addition to its EMS for the first time. This represents a new service for the company, to complement its areas of expertise:
– Advance project engineering for an optimal storage system sizing
– Forecasting of photovoltaic production and consumption based on the use of local historic data
– Configuration, supply and installation of the EMS on the client site
– Delivery of an industrial battery by suppliers selected and certified by EDF Store & Forecast
– Design and provision of a client interface for real-time monitoring of the installations and EMS maintenance
CEO of EDF Store & Forecast Stéphane Lascaud says: “The Biot and San Diego Zoo projects constitute a double success for EDF Store & Forecast. For a start, they mark our first completed projects for commercial clients. Furthermore, they demonstrate the provision of a complete “EMS + storage” solution. With this enhanced offering, we look forward to further developing with confidence and enthusiasm.”